Friday, August 10, 2007

And Now...Free Stuff!

Okay, now that our FTP site is finally up and running, we've made available our custom templates for AutoCAD Architecture/MEP, as well as samples of custom styles. If you'd like to gain access to these files, simply send me an email to davidb@cadresys.com, and I'll send you the link and password. I'm also working on a series of Revit MEP templates that enhance some of the families used (including more lights, equipment, etc.) as well as schedule tables, etc. As soon as I get a good copy to start from I'll get that posted. I'm also working on the IES Virtual Environment tools to get a better understanding of how it's making many of its calculations, so hopefully I'll have the new dataset I'll be using at AU available early so you'll have a chance to test it out before the class.

Speaking of classes, we've had a lot of interest in Revit MEP classes her at CADRE. Right now we're offering these classes:

- Revit MEP HVAC Quick Start - 1 day at CADRE
- Revit MEP Electrical Quick Start - 1 day at CADRE
- Revit MEP Plumbing/Fire Protection - 1 day at CADRE
- Revit MEP Family Customization - 1 day at CADRE

Check with your account manager or email me and I'll send you information - the last few classes we had were packed, so interest is really picking up.

I've also had a lot of users asking about custom content for Revit MEP. If anybody out there is making anything cool and is willing to share it, let me know and I'll post it to our FTP site - and maybe I'll throw in some CADRE goodies as well. In the meantime, the best site I've found so far is Revit City (www.revitcity.com) - check it out, it does contain some MEP items that you can use to create Revit MEP families from.

Thanks - David B.

No comments: